Auto Intro using folders as selection criteria

box26609

Currently it appears you can assign Auto intro to particular songs using titles and tags but not based on the file location. Would it be possible to include folder selection as a way to determine when auto into is deployed, so that if a track from a particular folder plays then it inserts the auto intro?

Secondly, could we similarly also have an "Auto Outro" ? Would come in very handy for sponsored segments, whereby I can have an intro AND outro play before and after a track respectively.

Thank you.

Currently it appears you can assign Auto intro to particular songs using titles and tags but not based on the file location. Would it be possible to include folder selection as a way to determine when auto into is deployed, so that if a track from a particular folder plays then it inserts the auto intro?
We'll add this condition in the next major RadioBOSS update.

Secondly, could we similarly also have an "Auto Outro" ? Would come in very handy for sponsored segments, whereby I can have an intro AND outro play before and after a track respectively.
I think an option can be added to Auto Intro to position it at the end of a track.

We'll add this condition in the next major RadioBOSS update.

This is wonderful. Thank you so much. Looking forward to it. Will be so helpful.
I think an option can be added to Auto Intro to position it at the end of a track.
I was thinking in terms of being able to have both an intro and an outro applied to a track, preferably with the ability to have a different intro and outro. Imagine a news bulletin for example:

Intro: "This is the news on XYZ Radio
Outro: "That was the news on XYZ Radio"

This would require the ability to select different sets of files separately for Intros and Outros, per instance.

Intro: "This is the news on XYZ Radio
Outro: "That was the news on XYZ Radio"
For news and shows I think it would be better to use plain playlists, instead of auto intro - that is, create a playlist with all necessary intros, outros etc. Auto Intro is designed for a different use case (introducing new tracks, artists, etc).

For news and shows I think it would be better to use plain playlists, instead of auto intro - that is, create a playlist with all necessary intros, outros etc. Auto Intro is designed for a different use case (introducing new tracks, artists, etc).
I understand what you mean.

However, a scenario we've experienced is that we have a slot scheduled in one of our playlists for a regular feature. The feature is sandwiched between an intro and outro which is also placed individually on the playlist. It is an entertainment news segment, which we prerecord and manually place in the entertainment news folder everyday. When the playlist is generated, the elements appear in this fashion:

Intro
👇
*Entertainment News*
👇
Outro
👇
Sweeper
👇
Music

However, sometimes, we may not have news content for a particular day. When that happens, we simply don't put the audio of the segment in it's folder, so that when the playlist is generated, it will not appear on the final output. However, the intro and outro will still appear because it's audio files are always left intact. This leads to an awkward situation where on a day when we don't have entertainment news, it's intro and outro will play back to back with no entertainment news segment in between. Like this:

Intro
👇
👇
Outro
👇
Sweeper
👇
Music

A listener would wonder what happened.

If, instead, the intro and outro were made part of an automated process and deployed automatically only when the entertainment segment is inserted (through an auto intro & outro feature), then, on a day when we don't have a news segment, no intro and outro will play.

I wonder if I've explained my problem well.

If there is an alternative solution to this, kindly let me know. Because currently just using the playlist will require me to manually go in and delete the intros and outros after the playlist has been published on a day we may not have a segment, which is quite inconvenient.

Back