How can i use relative Paths in Playlists with Radioboss?

Jörg B

"How can I create a playlist with relative paths? The background is as follows: I want to create a show and upload it completely. For this, I create a folder for jingles, one for music, one for drops, one for voicetracks, and so on. Then, I create a folder for the playlist and upload everything to the server. The Radioboss instance should then play the playlist exactly as it was created for the show, including voicetracks in the intro, outro, etc. However, I might have different paths on the server, which is why I want to use relative paths. I would like to use this workaround as long as there is still no remote voicetracking available in Radioboss."

RadioBOSS reads playlists with relative paths, and it's also able to create such playlists (it happens automatically if it decides that relative path is possible).

For instance, if you have a folder D:\Music and save a playlist to D:\playlist.m3u8, the playlist will have relative paths like
Music\Track.mp3

Same happens if you save it to the Music folder, the paths will also be relative. But if music is on D:\ drive and you save the playlist to a different drive, paths will be absolute like
D:\Music\Track.mp3

Back