Playlist Generator : Number of category tracks

Guillaume

Is it possible to add a column to the “Structure” tab of the Playlist Generator to indicate the number of tracks after applying the filters for each category?

Currently, I indicate this number of tracks in parentheses at the end of the category name. First, I click on “Generate” to get the result. Then, I click again on the category to indicate the number in parentheses.

The objective is to:
  • To have visibility on the number of tracks in the category;
  • Check that this number of tracks corresponds to that of the selection in my music library (avoid tracks not being broadcast);
  • Check that my non-repetition rules are consistent (avoid mistakes).

I am making this request because several of my categories, whose filters do not change, have their number of tracks changed as soon as I change the attributes (classification, Tag, etc.) of the tracks in my music library. “New” tracks which pass into the “Top 1”, “Top 2” category… Or when I add or delete tracks…

I imagine that setting up this configuration requires a background generation for each category and that this can take a long time if some users have hundreds of different categories with complex filters.

I ask because I spend a lot of time doing category refreshes. It's long and tedious. But this allowed me to avoid many errors and oversights.

So, if a solution exists to avoid these multiple, repetitive operations, I will be happy!

This can be done when closing the Playlist Generator with a pop-up window displayed: “do you want to update the indication of the number of tracks for each of your categories?” (The operation may take several minutes. At the end of the process, Playlist Generator will close) »

Attachments

• PLGen_Structure_1.jpg
    PLGen_Structure_1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 53
  • PLGen_Structure_2.jpg
    PLGen_Structure_2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 50
There's already an option to estimate the rotation duration, I think it would be possible to make it also display the number of tracks in the categories. Thank you for the suggestion.

THANKS !

FYI, the option to estimate the duration of a rotation is very approximate. It provides a shorter duration: I have rotations that last approximately 1 hour. And this option displays 12 minutes or 25 minutes at best…

FYI, the option to estimate the duration of a rotation is very approximate. It provides a shorter duration: I have rotations that last approximately 1 hour. And this option displays 12 minutes or 25 minutes at best…
Yes, it is approximate, to only give a rough idea of duration of each rotation cycle. I don't think it can be exact at all, as different tracks have different durations. But at least you will have a basic idea.

Regarding this suggestion, would it be possible to add another column or pop-up with the number of tracks compared to the last edits?

I take the idea of the tracks played the last times: create a pop-up window when the mouse pointer passes over a category which indicates the developments:
12 tracks on 2024/08/05​
14 tracks on 2024/07/21​
18 tracks on 2024/07/02​
16 tracks on 2024/06/19​
13 tracks on 2024/06/05​

The objective is to monitor categories that have a particular rotation: a minimum of tracks and a maximum of tracks in a category. Like new musical productions, Hits, trends…
And if a limit level is exceeded, I will be able to modify my rotations accordingly.

I don't think tracking this makes much sense for a majority of users, to be honest. When we add track count, you will be able to see the current number of tracks in a category.

Back