Question about Voice Track music attenuation settings

box26609

So I went to the 'Playback->Fading' section in Radioboss settings and adjusted the level by which the volume of the song should be attenuated when a voicetrack is playing. I also set the fade time (time taken for the attenuation to take effect) to a level I felt comfortable with. All this is working perfectly fine, however the problem comes in with the item that will play immediately after the voicetrack, which will also have an intro fade. I would rather not have the next item 'fade in' after the voicetrack has played. For example, normally after a voicetrack I will place a station sweeper or stinger to play immediately after. Ideally, they are supposed to start with a bang as originally intended, rather than fade in slowly after the voicetrack - which sounds weird.

Is there a setting I need to input that will implement the attenuation of the music to a lower volume when the voicetrack starts to play, but then the item that plays immediately after the voicetrack starts at normal volume with no attenuation? In short, the option to trigger the attenuation of a track as the voicetrack begins playing but have it not impact the item set to play after the voicetrack.

Thanks.

Ideally, they are supposed to start with a bang as originally intended, rather than fade in slowly after the voicetrack - which sounds weird.
Did you create a file type for the sweeper with disabled fade in?

then the item that plays immediately after the voicetrack starts at normal volume with no attenuation?
Looks like the problem is with VT attenuation fading, currently it has only one "fade" option that is used for both fade in and fade out. Probably we can separate those to control independently fade out and fade in of the attenuation. What do you think?

Did you create a file type for the sweeper with disabled fade in?
Yes, fade in is disabled for all my Station ID
Looks like the problem is with VT attenuation fading, currently it has only one "fade" option that is used for both fade in and fade out. Probably we can separate those to control independently fade out and fade in of the attenuation. What do you think?
Absolutely! This would be an amazing feature if we can separate the settings for fade in and fade out of the attenuation. I hope it can be implemented.

I also wanted to add that under the current system, when I try to render the playlist that contains voice tracks it makes the fade in to the subsequent audio (sweeper in this case) even longer than how it sounds when played live. It even affects the song after. Strange. Screenshot of rendered waveform attached.

Attachments

• 2024-07-21 00_46_37.png
    2024-07-21 00_46_37.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 43
Absolutely! This would be an amazing feature if we can separate the settings for fade in and fade out of the attenuation. I hope it can be implemented.
This option will be added in one of the next updates.

I also wanted to add that under the current system, when I try to render the playlist that contains voice tracks it makes the fade in to the subsequent audio (sweeper in this case) even longer than how it sounds when played live. It even affects the song after. Strange. Screenshot of rendered waveform attached.
Yes, this issue was also reported by other users, and it'll also be fixed soon.

Hello just checking in and asking if this may be implemented soon. This attenuation issue is causing us alot of grief at my station 😅. I know it may take time as I'm sure you guys have alot on your plate but I thought a small reminder wouldn't hurt. Lol

Anyway thank you as always.

Will this next major update contain the fix for voice tracks playing after the intro if they are added before the next song plays? Sometimes, if you can get away with adding a voice track a few songs down the playlist, but not always. The only guarantee that things will work is to completely stop radioboss.
This has been mentioned on another thread, but, as was done above, this is also a small reminder.

Back