Redundant protection PLGen Pro does not work

nelson c

Hello Dmitry, I have 3 presets that generate one hour of rotation each. They alternate. I have been noticing that the "Redundant protection, take into account the player's tracks" option does not work. (Here's an example, the same track was played). The playlist is generated 15 minutes in advance, therefore the last played tag had not been modified, but the same track was already queued to be played.
In the image the playlist generated by PLGen pro is marked in red.
(Do not repeat from the category, use global values)
1721095938883.png
1721095968928.png

This option only checks up to 50 tracks and no more than 25 minutes, from the currently playing track. From the screenshot it's not visible, but it looks like the playing track was more far away.

This option only checks up to 50 tracks and no more than 25 minutes, from the currently playing track. From the screenshot it's not visible, but it looks like the playing track was more far away.
It's an example from a few days ago, I remembered the date when I listened to the same track twice in less than 10 minutes, so I looked for this in the playlist.
25 min and no more than 50 tracks should be enough, but for some reason it doesn't work.
I hear this very often. The track is not repeated if it was played before starting the PLGen Pro preset, but if it is one of the next ones to be played very often it is included in the current generation, without respecting the repetition rule

In the image, the preset began to be generated at the time that "Prince Royce" was playing (11:45) and the list generated at 12:00 was inserted

Thank yo for the info, we'll check what could be wrong there.

About how it works, if you have 50 tracks after the playing track, all of them are added to the repeat protection buffer. It also "supposes" that all those tracks will be played. For example, a playlist is (let's suppose each track is 5 minutes):
  • [playing] Track 1
  • Track 2
  • Track 50
In this case, Playlist Generator will consider that Track 50 played 0 (zero) minutes ago, Track 49 played 5 minutes ago, and so on, Track 1 played 245 minutes ago, Track 2 played 240 minutes ago. That is, it can take those tracks (Track 1, 2, ...) again when creating a playlist. The potential problem here is that if playlist is cut after e.g. Track 10, and newly generated tracks are inserted, Track 1, 2 and others can also present there.

I think we can add an option to not count the time like this, and consider all those 50 tracks as "played 0 minutes ago" to ensure none of them will be used when creating a new playlist, what do you think?

Thanks for the explanation, clearly that is the problem here. :)

In our case, a playlist is generated every hour. (Approx. 16 songs) Inserting a playlist in the middle of the current list and moving what is "left over from the playlist" down.
This is done every hour at minute 45 and the playlist starts exactly 15 minutes later. (At minute 0 of the next hour). (On average I only need to analyze the next 4 or 5 songs) In the tracks below (example N50) they are leftover playlists that have never been played nor will they be, so let's even modify that limit as "they were all played 0 min ago ", will remove many possible songs from the final playlist..

I think it is a better solution to be able to configure the N tracks to analyze

Hello Dmitry,

Thank you for your response sent by email about two days ago. My problem is exactly what this discussion is about.

I allow myself to bring my analyses, my questions and my point of view to this discussion.

According to your response in your email, “this option only checks up to 20 tracks/50 minutes of the playlist tracks (counting from the playing track)…”

And in this comment, the explanation is different. Maybe I translated wrongly from English to French... But it doesn't match.

What I understand from this discussion, how the “redundant protection” option works is as follows:

A maximum of 50 tracks after the currently playing track are analyzed.
Also, a time count of these 50 tracks is carried out.

Taking into account your example that each track is 5 minutes long and that they will all be played :
  • Total duration of 50 tracks: 250 minutes
  • Duration of the personalized constraint: 240 minutes. (That is, I allow the track to be replayed after 240 minutes.)
  • Conclusion: the first two tracks of the 50 tracks can integrate the generation of the new playlist.
Did I understand well ?

Regarding your explanation in this comment “This option only checks up to 50 tracks and no more than 25 minutes”. What are these 25 minutes? I don't understand.
Same for the response formulated by email.

The next update will have a configuration for that, as there seems to be no universal solution.
There are no universal solutions.

Before reading this thread, I thought that this option analyzed all tracks in the playlist (no limit) after the currently playing track and that all these tracks were considered "tracks were played 0 minutes ago ".

Here is my point of view to complement my previous comment.

This option does not work normally since I upgraded to version 7.0.5.0. Before, I didn't have this problem. Or maybe I didn't notice it. In any case, I have the problem every day since version 7.0.5.0...

The track is replayed without respecting my constraints (less than the duration limit). Also for the artist. I have the same problem as Nelson C. I also configure my playlist generations like him.

Your suggestion to activate a new option “tracks were played 0 minutes ago” is interesting.

But, calculating the duration of tracks after the currently playing track is also interesting. And without there being a limit of 50 tracks maximum. Today, new pop musical productions are between 1’50 and 3’20. This is, on average, shorter than in the 2000s and 2010s. So the limit of 50 can sometimes be too small.

For me, what I want from the “redundant protection” option is:
It takes into consideration all tracks after the currently playing track to apply all non-repeat rules (track, artist, album and title)

• Conclusion: the first two tracks of the 50 tracks can integrate the generation of the new playlist.
Did I understand well ?
Yes, correct.

Regarding your explanation in this comment “This option only checks up to 50 tracks and no more than 25 minutes”. What are these 25 minutes? I don't understand.
It checks up to 50 tracks, or 25 minutes total duration, whatever happens earlier. That is if duration of the first 10 tracks is 25 minutes, it will only include those 10 tracks in the repeat protection.

This option does not work normally since I upgraded to version 7.0.5.0. Before, I didn't have this problem. Or maybe I didn't notice it. In any case, I have the problem every day since version 7.0.5.0...
Earlier it checked more tracks, I don't have the number handy but it was about 100 tracks with no time limit.

For me, what I want from the “redundant protection” option is:
It takes into consideration all tracks after the currently playing track to apply all non-repeat rules (track, artist, album and title)
There will be a configuration option so you can set it according to your needs.

It checks up to 50 tracks, or 25 minutes total duration, whatever happens earlier. That is if duration of the first 10 tracks is 25 minutes, it will only include those 10 tracks in the repeat protection.

There will be a configuration option so you can set it according to your needs.
Thank you for these explanations.

My interpretation of how this option works completely changes. I thought that all 50 tracks were considered, regardless of the duration.

What I understand now: only the 25 minutes after the currently playing track counts towards the 50 tracks limit.

And this time limit is low for me.

I sometimes launch a generation of 4 hours of musical programs which is then inserted into the playlist. And just after, to run a new generation of 4 hours to have visibility on the day of my animations.

Will the new option that you will put in place consider all tracks and without time limit? Because that’s my wish: all the tracks in the playlist after the currently playing track.

If this is only up to 25 minutes later, there is surely a bug here.
The title rule in PLGen pro is set to one hour, however it plays the same track 15 minutes later due to this behavior according to examples I sent previously.

The title rule in PLGen pro is set to one hour, however it plays the same track 15 minutes later due to this behavior according to examples I sent previously.
I encounter the same problem: the same track and/or the same artist in the following minutes (less than 25 minutes). It seems that this option no longer works correctly since version 7.0.5.0. This is what I notice on my side.

I have several questions:
  • Why put the constraint on the number of tracks within a duration limit?
  • Why not just put the duration limit? It is based on the duration that I authorize a track to be replayed. I don't understand why an additional constraint with 50 tracks is integrated.

I don't know how this software is configured. But can we imagine the following configuration for a large number of users?

1. Select the maximum duration that RadioBOSS should consider after the currently playing track: 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 120, 180, 240 and no limit (in “no limit”, all tracks in the playlist after the currently playing track are taken into consideration)
  2. Select the number of tracks that RadioBOSS should consider after the currently playing track: 0, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 and no limit (in “no limit”, all tracks in the playlist after the currently playing track are taken into consideration).

Or simply: take only the maximum duration. And delete the track number. Because, for me, it has no interest compared to the basic configuration. We determine whether a track, artist, album and title returns based on duration. And not according to the number of tracks.​

I ask these questions based on how I use RadioBOSS.

What I understand now: only the 25 minutes after the currently playing track counts towards the 50 tracks limit.

And this time limit is low for me.
That's why configuration will be added to control this.

Will the new option that you will put in place consider all tracks and without time limit? Because that’s my wish: all the tracks in the playlist after the currently playing track.
I think, yes.

Why put the constraint on the number of tracks within a duration limit?
There are multiple reasons for this, there can be way too many tracks in the playlist, and also because of time calculation (one of the posts above explains it).

We'll check this, please wait for the next update.

Hi Dmitry, I'm trying out the new feature and either there's something wrong or I didn't set the right values.
I set it to scan the next 22 minutes at most and up to 12 tracks

The image shows a playlist generated by the latest version.
The generation started when song number 358 was playing. and the generated playlist is highlighted in yellow

However, the song that is 4 positions below the one that was playing is the 4th song on the new playlist.
1724532844004.png

1724532632447.png

Thank yo for the info, we'll check what could be wrong there.

About how it works, if you have 50 tracks after the playing track, all of them are added to the repeat protection buffer. It also "supposes" that all those tracks will be played. For example, a playlist is (let's suppose each track is 5 minutes):
  • [playing] Track 1
  • Track 2
  • Track 50
In this case, Playlist Generator will consider that Track 50 played 0 (zero) minutes ago, Track 49 played 5 minutes ago, and so on, Track 1 played 245 minutes ago, Track 2 played 240 minutes ago. That is, it can take those tracks (Track 1, 2, ...) again when creating a playlist. The potential problem here is that if playlist is cut after e.g. Track 10, and newly generated tracks are inserted, Track 1, 2 and others can also present there.

I think we can add an option to not count the time like this, and consider all those 50 tracks as "played 0 minutes ago" to ensure none of them will be used when creating a new playlist, what do you think?

Attachments

• 1724532721159.png
    1724532721159.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 23
The image shows a playlist generated by the latest version.
The generation started when song number 358 was playing. and the generated playlist is highlighted in yellow

However, the song that is 4 positions below the one that was playing is the 4th song on the new playlist.
How do you generate the playlist, manually or using some scheduled event/command?

Back