Scheduler: what about the 3rd week of August 2024?

Guillaume

Hello,

Is it normal for the third week of August to start again the following week?

I just realized in my Scheduler tab that a group of playlists, which is scheduled today (Sunday), will start playing again tomorrow (Monday).
This group of playlists is set to only play the third week of the month in my events.

FYI, my Week 4 playlist group does not display a countdown. So, it is certain that these playlists will not be played tomorrow.
Also, my week setup is Monday to Sunday on my computer.

It seems that the third week is repeating itself for this month of August.

Attachments

• Scheduler_PL3Week.jpg
    Scheduler_PL3Week.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 39
I performed an in-depth analysis with “Events Overview window”:
It turns out that the change of week takes place on Thursday. I don't know why...

For example :
  • From Monday 12 to Wednesday 14 August 2024: the group of playlists of the week No. 2
  • From Thursday August 15 to Sunday August 18, 2024: the group of playlists of the week No. 3

Between Sunday August 25 and Wednesday August 28, 2024 inclusive, there will be cacophony: two groups of playlists will be generated:
  1. Group week No. 1 + last week (This is the only group which has 2 weeks selected)
  2. The week No. 4.
Starting Thursday, August 29, 2024, this will be the No.1 group playlist of the week.
And until the beginning of October, no major problems. Except from Tuesday September 24 to Saturday September 28, 2024 inclusive where there will be 2 groups of playlists:
  1. Group week No. 1 + last week (This is the only group which has 2 weeks selected)
  2. The week No. 4.

Identical problems from Friday 25 to Monday 28 October 2024 inclusive, from Sunday 24 to Thursday 28 November 2024 inclusive…

Is there a setting for the week to start on a Monday? I didn't find it in the help.​

Why are week No. 4 and the last week considered the same for a certain number of days until the 28th of the month?​

It counts by week days. That is, second Tuesday of the month = second week. Last wee can be 4th or 5th, depending on the month and specific week day.

It counts by week days. That is, second Tuesday of the month = second week. Last wee can be 4th or 5th, depending on the month and specific week day.
Thank you, I understand how it works better.

However, this logic doesn't work towards the end of the month.
In summary, 2 types of weeks are taken into account for a few days, and every month of the year.
Currently, I will have to manually manage the “last week”: deactivate today and reactivate on the evening of the 28th.

=> It generates, at the same time, the “4th week” and the “last week” for the days preceding the days which will pass into their 5th week. And depending on the days of the previous month which are part of the days of the first week and the days of the following month which are part of the days of the last week.

And this happens for every month of the year.

Example for this month of August:​
the 4th Sunday is considered the 4th week and also “last week”.​
Same for the 4th Monday, 4th Tuesday and 4th Wednesday.​
4th Sunday => The following Sunday is the first of the month of September. But this Sunday is part of the week of the last days of August.​
4th Monday, 4th Tuesday and 4th Wednesday => This would be related to the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the month of July which are part of the first week of the month of August.​

Then, when a day comes back for the 5th time of the month, the software only generates the “last week”.

Attachments

• Scheduler_DoublePL1.jpg
    Scheduler_DoublePL1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
=> It generates, at the same time, the “4th week” and the “last week” for the days preceding the days which will pass into their 5th week. And depending on the days of the previous month which are part of the days of the first week and the days of the following month which are part of the days of the last week.
Yes. Depending on what you need, you probably should not use 4th week and only use Last Week.

However, this logic doesn't work towards the end of the month.
I'm not sure why wouldn't it. Last week, if we check e.g. Sunday = Last Sunday of the month. At the same time it can be either 4th or 5th Sunday, depending on the month. Also, one particular week of the month can be, at the same time, last and not last - depending on what day you check. For example, it can be next to last Monday, but last Tuesday for this month.

Last week, if we check e.g. Sunday = Last Sunday of the month.
Last week it was the 3rd Sunday of the month and the penultimate. The last Sunday of August is coming...

And from this Sunday, 2 distinct groups of playlists will be generated which should never be generated at the same time because one group is selected for the “4th week” and the other group for “the last week”

I think my explanations were too complex. And the subject of this thread changed following your first explanation and I then noticed a problem which does not respect the logic of your first explanation. This problem affects the whole year and not a particular month.

Here is the situation in a factual and simplified way:​
  • I have a group of “A” playlists in “week 4” only
  • I have a group of “B” playlists in the “last week” only
This Sunday, August 25 to Wednesday, August 28, 2024, group “A” will be generated at the same time as group “B”.​
And it will be the same for the month of September, October, November…​
I notice that the software mixes the “4th week” and the “last week”. And he shouldn't. Do we agree that he shouldn't mix two different selections?​
Example: this Sunday will be the 4th Sunday of the month; it will also be the last. The software should only choose “4th week”?​

Here is a video capture of this Sunday, August 25, 2024. As expected, 2 playlist groups are generated at the same time:

Group J2H01 => “4th week” is selected​
Group J1H02 => “Last week” is selected​

The two groups should not launch together. In my opinion, only the “J2H01” group should launch because it is the 4th Sunday of the month.

What do you think? How is it that two groups launch at the same time even though they have different “weeks”?

I notice that the software mixes the “4th week” and the “last week”. And he shouldn't. Do we agree that he shouldn't mix two different selections?
Basically, the logic works like this: "is it the 4th week of the month?" - "yes" - action event; "is it the last week of the month?" - "yes" - action event. That is, if you have two events, one for "4th week", one for "Last week", those events are checked separately, and they may or may not action depending on the logic described. Say, if event for 4th week actioned, this will not prevent event for the "last week" to action if the conditions are met.

Example: this Sunday will be the 4th Sunday of the month; it will also be the last. The software should only choose “4th week”?
No, because each event is independent of each other.

What do you think? How is it that two groups launch at the same time even though they have different “weeks”?
In case 4th week is also the last, they will both action.

Back