Are you a pro with the Scheduler?

channel27

Hi folks,

I'm having some problems getting the scheduler to work as I need it to. The use case is as follows

I currently have one rotation which the scheduler fires once per day at midnight. Then, each day there is a pre-recorded programme, assembled into a playlist which goes out at a designated time. After the playlist ends, the rotation needs to pick up again.

What I did
I scheduled the rotation as a daily event at midnight:
1728681054338.png

For the pre-recorded programme, I set the scheduler to play it during its intended slot.
1728681130824.png

What happened
The rotation ran as planned and continued to loop from midnight until the time that the pre-record playlist was scheduled.
The pre-record playlist was broadcast as planned
And then when it ended, it looped - incorrectly
To get the rotation working again, I had to manually click 'run' against the item in the scheduler

Previously, I experimented with the playlist of the pre-recorded show, by clicking Insert as regular playlist tracks but that resulted in the rotation then having this pre-recorded show inserted into it which would play arbitrarily.

The docs are a bit light when it comes to the scheduler so I'm a bit stymied as to what's wrong.

If anyone has any pointers, I'd be grateful!

Previously, I experimented with the playlist of the pre-recorded show, by clicking Insert as regular playlist tracks but that resulted in the rotation then having this pre-recorded show inserted into it which would play arbitrarily.
You should use the Insert as regular playlist tracks for rotation, and do not use it for the show (because it'll prevent the show from being deleted). You can quickly test how the scheduled events work by pressing the Run button. You can also click the Next button in Overwiew section to emulate track end, to see what happens when the show finishes.

You should use the Insert as regular playlist tracks for rotation, and do not use it for the show (because it'll prevent the show from being deleted). You can quickly test how the scheduled events work by pressing the Run button. You can also click the Next button in Overwiew section to emulate track end, to see what happens when the show finishes.
That's really useful, thank you - will give it a go!

Does this need to be ticked in the Overview screen?
1728863182172.png

Back