Container error

NestorC

When a playlist is playing and there is an error such as the file no longer exists, the playlist continues to the next track, but if it is playing in a container and a file in that container no longer exists, everything stops!!!...
The logs shows: "[Container] error: Unable to play! Error code 2 (unable to open the file/invalid server address)."... but stop playing!
The only solution I have found is to activate the silence detector as short as possible, but that does not prevent a silence of a few seconds on the air!!!Is there a solution?
RB 7.0.7.0

Hi, are you going to let us know when you analyze this problem?
At least let us know if it is a bug or what it is.
If it is a bug, when can we expect a solution?

Hi, are you going to let us know when you analyze this problem?
At least let us know if it is a bug or what it is.
If it is a bug, when can we expect a solution?
This is scheduled for the next major update (RadioBOSS 7.1) so earliest will be when it's released as a beta version. For now I'd recommend to avoid non-existent files in the container.

This is scheduled for the next major update (RadioBOSS 7.1) so earliest will be when it's released as a beta version. For now I'd recommend to avoid non-existent files in the container.
I've been meaning to ask, can one create containers in Playlist Generator Pro and insert them into the templates?

No, this is not supported.
I see. I think it would be worth looking into though - to be able to right click and select a few adjoining categories in a template in the playlist generator and have them placed in a container which would then manifest as such in the playlist. I know this can currently be done on the playlist itself, but then that is more after the fact and manual rather than automatic. This would be ideal for grouping an intro, feature and outro together at the template level, for example - so that they aren't separated by a scheduled event that could get inserted in between them during a broadcast.

Back