new feature request: record automatically incoming streams

drein

Hi,
would it be possible to add a new function in Radioboss Cloud?
I would like to have the ability to automatically record live shows, i.e. when a DJ connects to radioboss cloud.
Can you do that?
Thanks.

I would like to have the ability to automatically record live shows, i.e. when a DJ connects to radioboss cloud.
Yes, recording of the broadcast is planned and will be added in one of the future updates. This will use the account's disk quota, so we want to add more features like automatically deleting old records, issuing email warnings etc before the feature is released.

I've found a way to extend this functionality to RadioBOSS.
My goal was to start recording upon connection to a server and end the recording as soon as I choose to disconnect.
To clarify, my method starts and stops the recording based on the connect/disconnect commands in RadioBOSS. As a result, if a connection is interrupted, the archive remains in one continuous piece.
Although it's a bit clunky, here’s what I'm doing for now To start both the stream and archive at the same time:
1. Insert the "connect" command as the first item in a playlist.
2. Insert the "streamarchive on" command.
To stop streaming and recording at the same time:
1. Insert the "next CueOnEnd" command. This ensures that other actions occur only after the current track has completely finished. Without this, the track might be cut off early depending on its dynamics and crossfade settings.
2. Insert the "disconnect" command.
3. Insert the "streamarchive off" command.
While it would be ideal to have a more user-friendly method, such as an option to automatically archive when streaming, I hope this workaround is helpful to those who want this feature in RadioBOSS.

While it would be ideal to have a more user-friendly method, such as an option to automatically archive when streaming, I hope this workaround is helpful to those who want this feature in RadioBOSS.
This solution looks good, pairing streamarchive command with appropriate connect/disconnect command does solve it. I'm not sure what can be improved there. The connection is supposed to be always active, so recording everything "between" connect and disconnect commands seems rasonable.

I'm not sure what can be improved there. The connection is supposed to be always active, so recording everything "between" connect and disconnect commands seems rasonable.
This is great for those of us who use radioboss to do shows on internet radio stations, where the stream is handed off between broadcasters. The only thing that could be added is that my solution be documented somewhere so that other users don't have to dig so deeply to accomplish this task. Alternatively, a checkbox could be added in preferences to automatically archive streams.

While I say go with whatever is easier for you, one could argue that more options in the UI means more functionality easily available to the user.

The only thing that could be added is that my solution be documented somewhere
The commands are documented in the manual, I don't think there's a point in documenting their possible combinations, as there are lots of them - would be impossible to navigate.

While I say go with whatever is easier for you, one could argue that more options in the UI means more functionality easily available to the user.
Adding anything to the UI is a serious thing. If lots of options are added, the program becomes bloated and unusable.

The commands are documented in the manual, I don't think there's a point in documenting their possible combinations, as there are lots of them - would be impossible to navigate.

Adding anything to the UI is a serious thing. If lots of options are added, the program becomes bloated and unusable.
That's fair, besides, your efforts help a bigger customer base with efforts such as accessibility fixes than adding check boxes that duplicate functionality. That having been said, does anyone think that it would be helpful for me to start a thread where users can post examples of the use of commands?

I've found a way to extend this functionality to RadioBOSS.
My goal was to start recording upon connection to a server and end the recording as soon as I choose to disconnect.
To clarify, my method starts and stops the recording based on the connect/disconnect commands in RadioBOSS. As a result, if a connection is interrupted, the archive remains in one continuous piece.
Although it's a bit clunky, here’s what I'm doing for now To start both the stream and archive at the same time:
1. Insert the "connect" command as the first item in a playlist.
2. Insert the "streamarchive on" command.
To stop streaming and recording at the same time:
1. Insert the "next CueOnEnd" command. This ensures that other actions occur only after the current track has completely finished. Without this, the track might be cut off early depending on its dynamics and crossfade settings.
2. Insert the "disconnect" command.
3. Insert the "streamarchive off" command.
i think
this could be made much easier by creating an event with the commands streamarchive on and connect
and start it with execute now or drag and drop into the playlist.
The same with the commands disconnect and streamarchive off and as last command stop also start with run now ordrag and drop after the last song
in the settings for crossfades filetype command just set the override previous mixpoint to 0.0sec so the previous title is played out completely

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_6.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_7.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg