Question about converting wav -> mp3

dan95

Hi Dmtry,

I have many wav-tracks in folders and they are all in a music library, .rbdata-files are in a subfolder.

Is there a way to convert this tracks quick within RB so that the files in folders are changed to the new mp3-format and they also replace the wav-ones in the library? And also that the .rbdata-files with all start/mixpoints stay the same as in previous in the wav-format?

(Background: I want to archive more storage space on my vserver).

Thx
Dan

Another general question: When I delete a music-file from the disk (via library), the .rbdata to the file doesn't disappear - must I delete all "useless" rbdatas then manually? :/

Is there a way to convert this tracks quick within RB so that the files in folders are changed to the new mp3-format and they also replace the wav-ones in the library? And also that the .rbdata-files with all start/mixpoints stay the same as in previous in the wav-format?
When you encode file from within RadioBOSS (right-click selected tracks in the playlist, Tools->Convert file) it will also transfer the additional information automatically.

Another general question: When I delete a music-file from the disk (via library), the .rbdata to the file doesn't disappear - must I delete all "useless" rbdatas then manually? :/
You can run Cleanup Metadata Files command, from the Tools menu in Music Library, it will remove unnecessary .rbdata files.

Back