Switching from live broadcast to a back up audio file in the event of lost connection

box26609

In the event of a lost connection during a live broadcast, is it possible to automatically switch to a preselected back up audio file (which I uploaded into the radio boss cloud) and have that play until the connection is restored, and then automatically switch back to the live source stream? I live in a country where the internet is unstable and sometimes it goes off without warning. If the connection cuts out I would like for there to be some music playing from the cloud until the connection is restored and automatically resume the programme live stream.

Box have you tried to get a local stream to you this might help with latency
Thanks for the response. My problem goes beyond latency, where sometimes for maybe half an hour or so my Internet service provider gets disruptions (Internet goes off). This usually happens once or twice a week and usually I'm caught unaware, and by the time I try trouble shooting we would have been off the air for some time. I want to avoid this. A back up system that would switch to a preuploaded show would be a great benefit to me. Then when the connection is restored, it switches back to the broadcast.

I think you can do this with an Icecast server if that's of any help? What I'm saying is the server would autoplay a designated file or files if the stream was disconnected.

In the event of a lost connection during a live broadcast, is it possible to automatically switch to a preselected back up audio file (which I uploaded into the radio boss cloud) and have that play until the connection is restored, and then automatically switch back to the live source stream?
This is how RadioBOSS Cloud works, in case live stream is unavailable for any reason, it will continue playing playlist contents (the playlist you see in the Overview section).

The same happens in desktop RadioBOSS when you use the Relay: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/relaying.htm

This is how RadioBOSS Cloud works, in case live stream is unavailable for any reason, it will continue playing playlist contents (the playlist you see in the Overview section).

The same happens in desktop RadioBOSS when you use the Relay: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/relaying.htm
I hope you will forgive me for struggling to understand, but to make it work is this relay something that I would have to set up on the Radioboss on my PC alone, or via the Radioboss cloud, or both? I am abit confused here.

I now how to upload media to my Radioboss cloud, and how to set up schedules to trigger the audio to play at a specified time. So what would be the steps to ensure that if my streaming connection goes off on my PC, the audio on the cloud automatically takes over, and automatically reverts to streaming from the PC after the connection is restored? The page you linked to unfortunately doesn't make so clear to me what's happening.

I hope you will forgive me for struggling to understand, but to make it work is this relay something that I would have to set up on the Radioboss on my PC alone, or via the Radioboss cloud, or both? I am abit confused here.
It depends on what end result you would like to achieve.

So what would be the steps to ensure that if my streaming connection goes off on my PC, the audio on the cloud automatically takes over
It's enough to load some tracks into the playlist window. Open Media section, create a playlist, then send it to player. Open Overview section and start playback. This playlist will play when there's no live stream.

Back