How does the Library update songs in folders?

One possibility would be to extend the makelibrary command to make it assign specific tags to the newly added tracks, what do you think?
The idea seems good to me. A command to move or copy files from the scheduler would also be nice. to make route changes, programmed from the tool in the music library

Or more specifically, to make it assign specific tags to newly added tracks to specific folders. This would be PERFECT 😀
For simplicity purposes, a single makelibrary command would be able to assign tag(s) to all tracks that it adds.

The idea seems good to me. A command to move or copy files from the scheduler would also be nice. to make route changes, programmed from the tool in the music library
You can run batch files (.cmd) from the scheduler that will perform any move or other operations that you need e.g.:
run C:\path\to\movefiles.cmd

and the movefiles.cmd contents can be like this
move C:\music\file1.mp3 C:\newfolder

Please note that moving a file will break any playlists or events that reference this file. Also, by default additional information is stored in a database and it will also be lost because path to file will change.

You can run batch files (.cmd) from the scheduler that will perform any move or other operations that you need e.g.:
run C:\path\to\movefiles.cmd

and the movefiles.cmd contents can be like this
move C:\music\file1.mp3 C:\newfolder

Please note that moving a file will break any playlists or events that reference this file. Also, by default additional information is stored in a database and it will also be lost because path to file will change.
The idea is that the radioboss reads the location changes automatically... I know it can be done by cmd but automating from the radioboss would take away the headache of notifying the radioboss when a file has been moved

The idea is that the radioboss reads the location changes automatically... I know it can be done by cmd but automating from the radioboss would take away the headache of notifying the radioboss when a file has been moved
We don't want to encourage file moving in RadioBOSS, it's recommended to have files in a fixed locations, and assign Tags and other parameters for them. Moving a file is not reliable. There are really lots of places where the file is referenced by path: playlists, events, report files, it's also used in Track List to "remember" selection position - and this is not a full list.

Back